Friday, June 18, 2010

My new shih tzu?

I am getting a shih tzu it is 1 year old. I don't like the brand of dog food the lady is feeding it now so I will be changing it any ideas on what brand to go with? I know you have to change it slowly not a big deal. Also what kind of shampoo do you recamend for shih tzus? How often should I get its hair cut? I would like it medium langth at all times except summer when it will need to be short. Also the dog is a mix between white brown and gray. I don't really like the name his last owner gave him but I thought of a few of my own I am having trouble coming up with something. I was thinking Max, Jazz, Baxter, cooper, or something else anyone have any ideas?



My new shih tzu?

The best foods I have found is Merrick, Wellness, Canidae, Eagle Pack....They also need groomed about every 4-6 weeks and any shampoo should be ok unless he developes an allergy. Oatmeal, Tearless, or Hypoallergenic shampoos are good.



My new shih tzu?

We got our shih tzu from a breeder. They told us to get him food w/out corn in the ingredients. Corn tends to make their skin itchy. We feed him Blue Buffalo from Pet smart. For the shampoo I agree w/ the previous answer. For us we use oatmeal shampoo. It keeps his coat soft and bright white. We get him professionally groomed once a month. Depending on the season/weather. Med length most of the time, but for the hot summer we get it cut short since shih tzus have a thick coat they tend to get hot easily in the summer. Make sure you brush his coat weekly so his coat doesn't become matted w/fur. A easy way for me when brushing him is id fill a spray bottle w/ water and dog conditioner. It works like a Detangler Spray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Scooter