Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A question for the curly heads only! Oh, well, anyone who knows about haircuts may answer this.?

So I'm 23 and feeling the effects of the quarter-life crisis. LOL. Well, my question is about hair.



I'm going for a haircut tomorrow, but still not sure what I really want for myself. I have medium curls and enough volume. What I lack is versatility. I've heard now and again that curly heads don't have much of a choice when it comes to haircuts, and I'm beginning to believe that now. Up until 20, I had my hair in one length. Then I discovered "layers". And, ever since then, I've had just that. Bluntly-cut layers....sometimes 3, sometimes 4.



I wanna do something different, and NO, I do not want to straighten my hair. I did the semi-permanent one once and it didn't quite suit me.



I have a round face that looks oval in pictures. My hair is medium length and my eyes are my best features.



So what do you think I should do tomorrow?



Please help! I'm from a small town and the hairdressers here don't have much of an imagination themselves, but they take instructions very well.



A question for the curly heads only! Oh, well, anyone who knows about haircuts may answer this.?

Feel your pain. Just by reading your hair description, I thought you were talking about my hair. Sad to say, I stay "safe" and just do the layering too. A couple of weeks ago I had it feathered to frame my face and made swooping bangs. Bad thing with that is with curly hair, my bangs tend to shrivel up and look funky, so I straighten them out. I'm keeping an eye out for this answer.. I wanna know too!



A question for the curly heads only! Oh, well, anyone who knows about haircuts may answer this.?

go to a professional what makes you think your gonna get best results off the internet. i mean yeahh its a good source but something like that ask a professional at a local salon. i mean seriously..



A question for the curly heads only! Oh, well, anyone who knows about haircuts may answer this.?

This is a great site with lots of examples of styles.



One cool thing is you can determine what type of "curly head" you are--are you a Julia Roberts curly, or a Juliana Margulies?--and suggests styles. (Click the link on the upper left of the page.)



http://www.naturallycurly.com/



A question for the curly heads only! Oh, well, anyone who knows about haircuts may answer this.?

How about waves? Those have been everywhere for the past couple of seasons. On celebrities and on the runway. You know, (sort of like Evangeline Lilly -from Lost, etc hair).



Speaking of celebs, how about turning to them for inspiration? I looooved the style that Debra Messing rocked at the SAG awards. Or Fergie at the Grammys... If you don't have the length so what? Extensions are now very popular and easy to use. I'm talking about "curtain" extensions, the kind you snap on and off. Talk to your hairstylist about them.



Bring a pic for inspiration to your stylist, that's the BEST advice I can give you.



A question for the curly heads only! Oh, well, anyone who knows about haircuts may answer this.?

Google the word "curly hairstyles" and print out the pic to take with u to the salon- if u cant do that- then get some magazines and take it to the salon- make sure ur hairdresser is not newly certified AND that she understands your concerns b4 she/he gets scissor happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Scooter