Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hair dilemma!?

Last month I decided I wanted to go a little lighter for the summer so I picked up Feria "Hi-Lift Browns" in Downtown Brown, which was a lighter brown. I dyed my hair and to my horror it came out blonde! So a month later, last week, I went to the salon to have them color my hair back to medium brown and get a little trim. When she was washing the dye out I noticed she kept shampooing.. then she gave me the mirror! I wanted to scream! The top of my hair was medium brown and the ends were BLACK. She showed me that the hair was elasticy and you could pull the ends apart. So she had to cut a lot of my hair off. It looks healthier now with layers, okay I guess. But the bottom's darker than the top and I HATE THAT!



Well my point is *I'm looking for a product to condition with every week or so that will undo the damage to my hair* and make it grow. It hasn't grown in months. How is Pantene Pro-V Restoratives? Help! Thanks!



Hair dilemma!?

I can help you with all of this. The reason your ends came out so dark was your stylist did a bad job. She should know this but maybe wasn't thinking. The ends will pick up color faster. So you should always color them last. Meaning, when you apply the color you would leave the ens until your hair has processed about half way or so then apply color at the ends or they will get darker.



The reason your hair may have come out blond when you did it is because one of two reasons. They have a 40 vol developer which will lift and lighten. So your med brown turned blond. Or it has medals in the color and it will attach to your hair. I am not sure if over the counter colors have that anymore. But if they do you will never be able to get a perm because of the chemical reaction you get from it mixing with the medal in your hair. My guess is it had a stronger developer.



Ok now for your hair growing and what you can do for damage. You hair should grow 1/2 inch a month sometimes more in summer. Hair and nails pick up in growth from spring until fall. If your hair seems it is not growing my guess is that it is growing but breaking off. Or the damage that was done from processing has done this.



First you need to use professional products. Over the counter has mostly water and wax, Trust me I know what I am saying and I am not making a dime telling you this. They also have what you want called a reconstuctive treatment. This will help with the damage you now have. You can decide what brand you want to go with but get something for damaged hair or processed hair and a reconstructive treatment also. I will tell you how to do the treatment.



1 Wash hair (professional products)



2 Apply the treatment



3 cover hair with bag if long and cap for short hair.



4 Apply heat with hair blower or alike until your head is hot.



5 Cover head with towel and let slowely cool, then rinse.



NEVER RINSE YOUR HAIR WHILE HOT, your hair can break off.



If you want your hair to grow please get your hair trimed every 6 to 8 weeks. This is so important. If you don't the splits will get worse and continue to split until the hair breaks at the weakest point and thus shorter hair and frizzy.



I care or I wouldn't take so much time typing all this out. That's why I get on here when I can so I can be of help. More stylist need to inform people how to do things. I always did for my customers. Good Luck.



You can now buy professional color at sallys. That way you will be putting good color in your hair. All processing will do some damage, but it will be much less and if using good products your hair will be beautiful. I wouldn't do any more for a while until you get the damage under control.



Hair dilemma!?

It sounds like your best bet would be to cut off the black part at the bottom. That sucks though, especially if you are trying to grow it. My advice would definitely be to go to a different stylist, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Scooter