Sunday, June 20, 2010

Perm questions?

I'm getting my hair cut and permed tomorrow and I'm kind of worried. I've never had a perm before, but my mom used to get them and I didn't think they were all too great. I think it's because she got a perm with REALLY tight curls, which made her look like a poodle! But anyway, I was hoping to get a perm so that the curls are not too tight, not too loose, like medium - when I curl my hair for special occasions. I have long hair that reaches to my bra buckle and it's SUPER straight. In fact, when I blow-dry it in the morning, I only need to run a staightener through it two times at the most. It also has a really hard time keeping shape. When I curl it myself I need to use at least a half a bottle of spritz hairspray and another quarter can of aerosol!!! I'm hoping that I can still get a perm because I realllllly want one. Any suggestions? (BTW, when I was talking to the lady on the phone, she scheduled me for a spiral perm. Is that correct?)



Perm questions?

Spiral perms are curlier on the ends and weaker in the roots. It is a cool look. A body wave has a more even curl from roots to ends. I like this test before deciding on a size perm rod: Tie a half inch section of dry hair in a knot to see what size knot the hair wants to be. Asian hair does not want to be tied in a small knot, it pulls itself out of the knot, and using a small perm rod beats up that hair too much. Find a happy knot size. Ask the hairdresser to do a knot test. If they don't know what that is that's okay. Tie a loose knot and compare it to the perm rod for a rough idea of the size curl. Super fine blond hair that never holds a curl WILL NEVER HOLD A CURL. I think a spiral perm is a safe bet for you. I has the least poodle effect.



Perm questions?

Yes thats correct. They can perm it in looser or tighter curls so you should be fine with that. Some peoples hair does not hold a perm, but most peoples will (my guess is that yours will...). So you should be fine. Just be sure to get a good deep conditioner, as the perm chemicals will damage your hair a bit.



Perm questions?

Spiral perm is cute on long hair. I have hair to my waist and got one a while back and hated it. The top is the worst part and then when it starts to grow out it's horrible. Keep rolling your hair for curls and start using a heavy mouse on it and not spritzers. Get a good hairspray that will hold it. I dry my hair, spray it with hairspray, roll it, spray a little more, and then separate the curls just with my fingers and it holds.



Perm questions?

Get loose bouncy curls, I don't know what kind of perm that would be called, but just tell the lady that and hopefully she'll know what you're talking about.



Perm questions?

One thing to keep in mind FYI perms can damage your hair as well as help it but for me more damage I have really curly hair and I wanted Straight. I personal don't recommend it because my hair broke off almost to bald and just now getting back good length in the last 4 years. But I wish you luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Scooter